Janet is an ACE certified personal trainer, IFBB Figure and Bikini pro, founder and owner/operator of Core Elements by JLW, LLC, and an NPC (National Physique Committee) Judge. She was born in Washington, DC, and raised in the suburbs of the DC metro area in Bowie, MD. She attended Towson University in Maryland and received a BS in Accounting and her CPA license in 1985. She worked for 10 plus years in the accounting industry and branched out into Recruiting receiving a MS in Human Resources. Her last corporate position was the Director of American Express TBS in Towson, MD.
Janet began studying dance when she was a young child. She was a majorette in a marching band and competing in solo dance and baton routines when she was 8-10 years old. Janet began lifting weights, doing aerobics, and cardio workouts when she was twelve. She was interested in adding shape to her slight build. In middle school, she became interested in cheerleading and continued through high school starting a pom/dance squad while attending Towson University in Maryland. While in college, she became an NFL Washington Redskins cheerleader for the 1982 and 1983 Super Bowl seasons. She continues to be active in the Washington Redskin Cheerleader Alumni Association today. She is also an internationally published Fitness Model.
Fitness has always been a big part of Janet’s life. After 15 years in the corporate world of accounting and recruiting, she decided to make fitness her career and founded Core Elements by JLW, LLC in 2006 to help others attain their fitness goals. In addition, Janet loves to compete and found competing in the NPC as a national figure competitor enjoyable. She earned her IFBB Pro Card in Figure and still competes in Pro Bikini Masters as recent as 2015 Puerto Rico Pro, 2015 Wings of Strength, and 2016 Patriot’s Challenge Pro. She has been named one of the 100 top fitness models by Status Fitness Model Search in 2013, and named one of the World’s 100 Most Ripped Bodies by Muscle Insider Magazine in 2013.
Competing as an IFBB Pro helps keep Janet focused on her own physique and fitness goals. At 56, Janet defies the aging process and serves as an inspirational role model proving that age is just a number. She has been referred to as the female “Jack LaLanne.”
“One of my most successful accomplishments was starting a bodybuilding team called “Team Granite” which I coached and trained first time competitors to the competition stage and watched them grow into seasoned competitors competing at the highest level across the states. It helped me determine, customize, and know the best methods to change the body. This feeds my passion to get results for those who are determined to get results.’
“I feel great satisfaction from seeing results in my clients and seeing the confidence this brings them. As they change their bodies and get healthier, they share that joy with me as their trainer and I feel good about what they’ve achieved with my help and guidance. I love people. To be around people as part of my full time job helping them and being part of their lives is tremendously inspirational and fulfilling for me.” – Janet Lynn West
- BS in Accounting
- MS in Human Resources
- ACE Certified Personal Trainer
- IFBB Figure and Bikini Pro
- Internationally Published Fitness Model
- Former NFL Cheerleader
- IFBB/NPC National Judge
IFBB Pro Figure and IFBB Pro Bikini:
2016 IFBB Patriot’s Challenge Pro Masters Bikini, 9th
2015 IFBB Wings of Strength PBW Tampa Pro Masters Bikini, 5th
- 2015 IFBB Inaugural Puerto Rico Wings of Strength Pro Masters Bikini, 2nd
- 2014 IFBB Southern California Pro Masters Bikini, 2nd
- 2014 IFBB Battle on the Beach Pro Masters Bikini, 2nd
- 2013 IFBB Tampa Pro Show, 16th Place
- 2013 (June) IFBB Toronto Supershow Pro Bikini, Canada, 12th place
- 2013 (May) IFBB Powerhouse Pro Bikini, Detroit MI, 16th place
- 2012 (December) IFBB World Pro Bikini, Miami, FL 12th
- 2012 (June) IFBB Toronto Supershow Pro Figure, Canada
- 2012 (May) IFBB Pittsburgh Pro Figure,16th place
- 2011 (October) IFBB Border States, Figure 14th place
- 2011(July) NPC Masters Nationals, 1st place and overall Champion 45+ Masters Figure earned
- IFBB Figure Pro Card.
- 2011(July) Team Universe, 6th 45+ Class C, 13th 35+Class D
- 2010 NPC Masters Nationals, 3rd place in 35+, 2nd place 45+
- 2010 IFBB North Americans 6th in open, Class D, 3rd place 35+ Class D
- 2010 NPC Team Universe – 9th in Open
- 2007 – 2009 began competing at the National Level with three 2nd place awards
- 2006 debut at Philadelphia Natural Bodybuilding and Figure – 1st place open, 1st place masters, overall Champion.
Ad campaigns/print and BOOTH representation:
- 2013 Inside Fitness, August/Sept, National Full Page Ad for Absolute Fuel
- 2013 Max Sports and Fitness, January, page 3 Grip On Ad
- 2013 Muscle Insider, 100 most ripped, Special Edition
- 2013 Flex Magazine, page 54, March Issue
- 2013 Muscular Development Magazine, page 36, March Issue
- 2013 Feb. 3rd place in Status Fitness Model Search for top 100 fitness models
- 2013 Arnold Class Booth Representative for Make it Fit Foundation , Fantasy Fitness Wear and Cupcase your bras.
- 2013 CupCase.com – post card advertisement for the 2013 Arnold.
- 2012 Grip On International – post card advertisements, video production with Team Granite, Booth Representative and sales
- 2012 Image-Nutrition Supplement Co- Booth representative and staffing services for all MD bodybuilding shows
- 2009 American-physiques promotional advertisement cards and marketing material
- 2009 Arnold Classic Booth Representative for Tight Curves/Body Well Nutrition
- 2008 Arnold Classic Booth Representative for American Physiques
Other information: over 37,500 Followers
- Facebook pages: Total friends/followers on Facebook: 28,246
- friends: 9,422
- Fan Page 17,064 followers
- Fan Page 1,944 followers
- Twitter: IFBB Pro Janet West, Followers 5,565
- Instagram Name: JanetLynnWest, 4,000 Followers